Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Friday, March 20, 2009

Big world,small people......

The other day I was watching the television when I came across an interview with Resul Pookutty who won the Oscar for Slumdog Millionare.As I was watching the show I was impressed by the humility with which he spoke inspite of being appreciated on an international level.This somehow triggered some other thoughts in my mind.

There are so many people in the world who are well known and are remembered even after their deaths.If we observe these people closely,we can find out that majority of them are very humble.Knowledge and experience inculcates humility in man.But on the other hand,it is the less learned people who show off and try to dominate over others.When we look at the world,we realise that we are just a tiny bit on it.There are so many things to learn,such a long way to go.I donno why such a crazy thought came to me,but still,I kept pondering over it for a very long time.

No comments: