Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Friday, April 29, 2011

Finale of a long hide and seek!

Sat away from you
Because I wanted to touch you,
Avoided eye contact
Because your eyes ignited mine,
Walked opposite to you
Because I felt vulnerable,
Wrote verses about you
Because I never had the courage to tell you straight,
Kept quite about the sleepless nights
Because I wanted you to sleep peacefully,
Now that I have come a long way on my own,
I understand that the walk was beautiful
Because I thought you would follow me,
But when I look back at the crossroads now,
I see just me and the signboards
Which tell me that I have come the wrong way,
I should have chosen to follow you instead,
Now that I have chosen my own way,
I prefer walking till I reach the dead end.

No comments: