Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Friday, April 22, 2011

Pilgrimage of love

Take me to a pilgrimage of love,
Let me place myself at your feet,
Let me dip my soul in you serene waters,
Shower on me the smel of burning insence sticks,
Wrap me in holy saffron,
Make me walk around your sacred fire,
Behead me at the golden dawn and
Accept my bleeding love as my holy sacrifice,
Burn my body in your sandalwood pyre,
Press my ahses onto your forehead,
Inhale my smoke into your solemn self,
For I am entangled in your thread of divinity,
My diety,
My sigh of relief,
Grant me this one last wish,
Bless me with eternal bliss,
Take me to a pilgrimage of love!

No comments: