Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Scarred White

My lonely moon,
I am here
Sitting by my open window,
Waiting for you to peep through foggy clouds,
Waiting to see my scars reflect in your eyes.
I know you have shiny stars resting on your chest,
I know you have icy winds to thrill you,
Dancing bellies of the night birds to groove with,
You have beautiful lotus petals down in the waters
Looking expectantly to touch you.
You have other belles sitting by open windows whom you love looking at.
But its only me who writes about you,
Its only me who knows you are feeble,
Only I know that you feel insecure about your deep scars,
I know it all even if you never told me.
That dosent make you mine, I know
But even then,
Peep through,
Just once,
Before the sun overpowers your charms,
Peep through at me
For that will give me a whole night's peace!

No comments: