Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Witch Within

As I stood drenching my skin in the dark night showers,
The black rain smudged onto my pores
Melting the molten khol in my eyes,
Causing it to drip down like fluid black metal from my eye ores,
Like a dynamite the black rain made explosions in my inner mines,
The burning coal and molten gold within me pushed their way out,
Through my open belly button they spilled out, mingling with the rain drops.
Reducing me to a smoky mass of crumbling metals,
I shed my mortal skins,
My skin turned pitch black and I transformed myself into a Black Witch
Exorcising disturbed creatures and calling out to sleeping spirits,
I wandered like the mistress of darkness,
The queen of mystery,
Searching for myself in every thunderbird's flutter,
Spitting fire on every hissing python,
Kissing hard on every grave I met,
Praying to live on forever in this bubble of freedom
Hoping never to put on my mortal skins again!

No comments: