Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Eastrogen

Pained i am to wake up to the news of raped bodies,
Torn i am to see what i see around me,
Violated femininity surrounds me,
This makes me blame the cursed moment in which my biology was decided,
I wish to make be myself,
I want to enjoy the night sky without the fear of being abducted,
I dream of spreading my wings into the arena of creative fulfillment,
I want to stand nude against the chilly winds on december mornings,
I long to sail like a lost raft in the currents of desire,
The women’s reservation bill will not solve my problems,
A ladies only bus is no solution for me,
No one knows,
I never show,
But that does not mean i dont have a thing to say,i have lots,
Lots of wishes,no demands,
Just listen to me,
Just throw me a smile,
Let me live for this world is equally mine as yours.

No comments: