Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right-doing,
there is a field. I'll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase "each other" doesn't make any sense.

- Rumi


Friday, March 4, 2011

what are you to me?

What are you?
An actor who amazes the audian in me?
A philosopher whose intelligence petrifies me?
A child whose innocence triggers the maternity in me?
A man whose roughness arouses me?
Whatever you are, I do not want to define you,
I simply love you.... for you make me want to outgrow my shell and expand my horizons to reach the zenith of my long-cherished passions,
You make me want to love,
Your breath tells me that life is about being warm within,
Your clear green eyes push me to stand staring at the mystery of the seas,
Your soft recital of poetry intoxicates the woman within me,
You have inspired me to rebel against the hypocrisies of my mind,
You make me crave for knowledge,
Your thoughts make me want to search for completion,
You teach me to keep faith in the enormous white skies and soar my kites into its vastness,
You carve my inner self with your sharp chisel of burning intelligence,
And now, you have made a beautiful sculpture out of my raw conscience,
Yet, I wonder....what are you?
I learnt to love life through you,
I crossed the reef of ignorance and ascended the peak of eternal bliss through you,
I dreamt through your fiery eyes,
I made love to your exendric soul,
Even then I ask myself.....what are you to me?
Whatever you are to me, I do not wish to define you....because I simply love you...I do not know what love is because you never told me what it is,
You simply placed a soft kiss on my forehead whenever I asked you,
Even though I don’t know what it is,
My teacher,
My philosopher,
My companion,
My protector,
My mate,
My man,
.....I love you.

No comments: